- I am grateful for the way sweat lets my thoughts and anxieties out when all else fails.
- I am grateful for public libraries. I am grateful for self-education.
- I am so thankful for yerba mate, and I am thankful for being able to laugh at myself yet again–why do I ever think coffee is a better idea when this stuff makes me feel so good?
- I am full of gratitude for the slow, soft November dawn.
- I am grateful for my daughter’s absolute goofiness and sweetness. I am grateful for her wild, and I am grateful that life has shown me how important wildness is, and I am grateful that I live somewhere that supports my goal of raising her with love for her wildness.
- I am so, so thankful for the safety and security I have. For my access to healthful food. For being able to work, so that I can meet my and my daughter’s needs, and have some left over to have fun, and to help others. For this apartment, with roommates that are also best friends, with a park just a couple minutes walk away.
- I am so grateful for the friends I have had, have now, and will have. Friends make life less lonely, less scary, more hopeful, more beautiful.
- I am so grateful for this body of mine. For my birthing scars and nursing scars and working systems and luscious curves. For my relentless heartbeat and ocean breath.
- I am grateful for the coming and the going. For the quickening and the slowing. For the loud and the soft. For the birthing and the dying. The growing and the fallowing. I am grateful for every microcosmic and macrocosmic, internal and external spiraling cycles of this beautiful and terrifying and serendipity-adoring and oh-so-worth-it universe.